Saturday

Befriended by a Scissortail'


This next painting was completely inspired by a lovely encounter recently with a Scissortailed Flycatcher.
I was out cycling solo in a rural area when suddenly this beautiful bird appears right next to me, playing and dancing around my handlebars.
I was completely entranced by it's amazing long 'scissor' tail and as it would swoop up above me it would showoff the beautiful apricot/ orange flash under its wings.
My feathered friend flew along next to me for about a mile, much to my complete delight and then watched me turn the corner from a safe perch.
Couldn't wipe the grin off my face for days..

'Scissortailed Flycatcher'
Watercolor
9" x 12"


                   Original available here

Moments like those are why I just cannot stop painting birds..
sigh... I just love those little feathered pieces of heaven :)
love H xx

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and lasting gift that scissortail gave you! And now you have captured his spirit in your painting, so lovely. I just discovered your blog and am enjoying it, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Jan!.. I am not sure why but I have just seen this comment now :) Thank you for your lovely comments .. yes he truly did connect with me.. it was such fun!
      I only hope I did him justice :)
      Thanks , Helen

      Delete

I love to read your comments, thank you xx